tense, past tense and future tense.
The Structures of each Tense:
Present Simple : S + V.1
Present Continuous :S + is,am,are+V.1 ing
Present Perfect :S + has,have,V.3
Present Perfect Continuous :S + have,has+been +V.1 ing
Past Simple : S + V. 2
Past Continuous :S + was,were+V.1 ing
past Perfect :S+ had + V.3
Past Perfect Continuous : S+ had+been + V.1 ing
Future Simple: S + will, shall + V.1
Future Continuous : S + will, shall + be+ V.1 ing
Future Perfect : S+ will, have+V.3 Future Perfect Continuous :S+ will+ have+ been + V.1 ing …
Then, Aspect tells how the verb is related to that time, or gives some other information about the quality of the action. There are four kind of aspect: simple, progressive, perfect and progressive . That, teacher will emphasize two kinds:
1.The Progressive Aspect or Continuous Tense (กำลัง, อยู่)
The progressive form of the verb phrase contains a form of the verbs be + V. ing
1. Action or event is continuing.
Ex She was sleeping.
2. The event is happen and the end down quickly but, happen slow.
Ex: The boy is hitting my dog with a stick.
3. Action has not been completed.
Ex: I am writing a Global Warming.
4. A temporary action.
Ex: She is living London.
5. Actions is happening in the future which plan on in the present.
Ex: She is flying to China tonight .
The Perfective Aspect or Perfect Tense (เพิ่ง, แล้ว, เคย, ได้อ่าน)
The perfective form of the verb have / has + V.3
1. Events has happened and linked with a later time.
Ex: The thief has run away when the police arrive.
2. Event has happened to continue in the present.
Ex: We have lived in Japan since last year.
3. Action or event has happened by do not indicate time but, it happened at least once.
Ex: I have been to India before. (been คือ ไปแล้วกลับแล้ว ถ้าใช้ gone ยังไม่กลับ )
4. Action or event has happened and sent to effect on to the present.
Ex: I have eaten rice .
He has cut himself.
Then, teacher give the sentences are Thai by the students help translate English.
1.ระหว่างที่ฉันรอพบหมอ ฉันอ่านนิตยสารจบไป 2 เล่ม
While I was waiting to see the doctor, I read two magazines.
2. ศักดิ์สูบบุหรี่มานาน 30 ปี แต่เขาเลิกสูบุหรี่แล้วเมื่อ 2 ปี ก่อน
Sak has been smoking for thirty year, but he gave up stop smoking two years.
3. คุณทำงานหนักมาตลอด ตอนนี้คุณควรจะพักบ้างได้แล้ว
You have been working hard, now you should get rest.
When I went into the living room my husband watches the new.
When I went into the living room, my husband has already watched the news.
1. อย่าโทรมาหาฉันช่วง 6 โมง ถึงทุ่มหนึ่งนะฉันกำลังกินข้าวเย็นอยู่ตอนนั้น
- Don’t call to me on time to 6 - 7 p.m. I’m eating rice in the evening.
- Please call to me after 7 p. m. I have finished rice.
- What do you think, when you bought the skirt it is very short. 4. เล็กไปประเทศญี่ปุ่นมา2 ครั้งแล้ว
- Lek has been to Japan twice.
5. ใหญ่ไปอเมริกาแล้ว แล้วจะกลับมาเดือนหน้า
- Yai had gone to the States and will be back next month.
- Don’t noise! The father is working now.
Furthermore, I learn to out class the first about “Newspaper”. Why do we have to read a newspaper? The main purpose of a newspaper is to inform the readers of the fact about current events what has happened, what is happening or what will or may happen. These reports of facts are called factual news stories. They are put together in the news section.
In the part of newspaper there are 5 kind: Front section, Classified Page, Business news, Outlook, and Special section.
Ex: Front section
- Local news - International news
- Sport news - Opinion and analysis
Then, story “News” Newspaper contain stories on a wide variety of topic. News stories on the same topic often have a similar structure and vocabulary. They are also usually found in the same section of the newspaper.
There are 9 the type of News:
1. National Politics (Home)
Ex: Foreign fund managers are mostly bullish about prospects for the Thai economy and listed
Companies, assuming general election are successfully completed by the end of the year.
Your answer is Business news
Third story “The 5W-questions” News stories written in a very style. They should contain only fact, not the opinions of the writer.
Most news stories answer 5 questions, the 5 Ws.
Who - What - When – Where - Why
Who was involved in the event? What happened?
Where did it happen?
Where did it happen?
Why did it happen?
Korean hostages return
Anyang South Korea: Park Hye-young , one of the 19 released South Korean hostages, reunited with her mother at a hospital in Anyang, west of Seoul, South Korea, yesterday. The 19 South Koreans freed last week captivity by Taliban insurgents arrived home yesterday, expressing sorrow for two in their group that were killed in Afghanistan.
Bangkok Post 03/09/07
- Park Hye-young
- She reunited with her mother
- At a hospital in Anyang, west of Seoul, South Korea
- She freed last week captivity by Taliban insurgents
So, I think reading newspaper and news that it are the important for reader .I should knows composition in the newspaper and types of news that it help to me answer the 5 Ws.
In addition, reader to understands for learn information in the nowadays and analyze news from easy story.
Reference : นเรศ สุรสิทธ์. (2549).เรียนแปลอังกฤษ.กรุงเทพ : พี. เอส. เพรส.
Oups ! I cut you!
Do you want to dance?
Did you eat?
I think we often practice repetition into link English by native speaker which we can understand the western movies and listening to understand. Yet, we can use in everyday communication.